- Product: The products or services offered to your customers/clients.
- Price: The pricing strategy for the desired profit margin.
- Place: Distribution --getting your product/service to your target market.
- Promotion: Communicating with your customers.
- People: The value of your people and people at large (i.e. influencers)
But if you think about it, Social Media is different; with Web 2.0 it is no longer a monologue, it's now a dialogue, so there really are more than just a handful P's in Social Media and Social Media Marketing.
So let's take it up a notch, shall we?.. Here is the 25 P's of Social Media we can think of:
- Provide: Something of value...
- Petition: Demand innovation, make folks, platforms, messages better!
- Productize: Yes, new word! Make your offer easy to understand!
- Promote: Your product, service, business, events, news (don't overdo).
- Personalize: Let them see the "real" you.
- Participate: Interact and engage (your audience)
- Play: Take it easy, it's not all strategy... :)
- Pace: Take it easy, don't over do it. Just don't!
- Protect: Protect your brand, industry, service, peers
- Plan: Yes, plan --don't just do it!
- Propel: Initiate discussions, bring the best out in people.
- Pamper: Recognize players, collaborate, give credit where credit is due.
- Partake: Answer questions, participate in discussions/chats.
- Peer: Do not underestimate players based on their followers, community
- Penetrate: Cover all aspects
- Patrol: Entire landspace --correct & clarify statements and behaviors
- Perform: Do it! Just do it!
- Persist: Don't give up!
- Predict: Think what's next...
- Pioneer: Don't hold back, try different things (white hat rule though!)
- Practice: Don't be afraid, practice makes perfect; learnings await you!
- Propose: Propose ideas, solicit business (humbly), ask for collaboration.
- Punctuate: Don't be afraid of repeating your point, though not bot-like.
- Pursue: Follow up; be persistent to engage: to get answers, be heard.
- Pay Attention: To influencers, trends, competition, customers.
..and you know what the biggest P is?
Hey, speaking of 'P's, can you think of more Ps?..
One of the things we do is Social Media Consulting, Marketing, and Outsourcing for Small Business. Reach us out for online strategy and social media for a free, confidential consultation!